I’ve never really bought into the notion of ‘comfort food’ as being savory since I’m more of a sweets girl, but living on the East Coast and its subsequent -7 degree winters has thrown that proclivity right out the window. At this point I would rather rip my teeth out than make any type of frozen acai bowl so I’ve had to come up with other things to eat. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise since I suppose eating 27 acai bowls per week is not necessarily a well rounded diet.
ANYWAY, this bowl is so tasty, satisfying, and nourishing with its impressive resume of incorporated spices.
YOU WILL NEED
1/4 cup chickpeas
2 cups baby spinach/kale mix
1/2 cup butternut squash*
1/2ish cup beets*
2 CAGE FREE eggs (don’t be an asshole)
1 tsp hemp seeds
1 tsp avocado oil
Spices - tumeric, cumin, paprika, onion flakes, garlic powder. Prob 1/2 tsp of each but just wing it
Salt to taste - pink Himalayan but that’s a given
*I buy mine pre-sprialized since my beloved spiralizer is being held hostage in my storage unit in SD
WHAT TO DO
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Toss chickpeas with garlic powder, onion flakes and cumin
3. Toss veggies in oil and salt, pop onto baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and bake for 10-15 mins
4. White the vegetables and chickpeas are roasting, LIGHTLY sautee your greens. The goal is slightly warmed, not fully sauteed. Plate when finished.
5. In the same pan, crack your eggs and top with tumeric and paprika. I meant to do these sunny side up but the turned out a little fried, so sunny side up is the goal!
6. Your vegetables and chickpeas should be about done. Assemble all ingredients, top with avocado and hemp seeds.
7. Mix and enjoy!