Who doesn't love cereal? There's something so satisfying about sitting with your bowl and chomping away spoonful by spoonful. If they didn't have the nutritional equivalency of a brick I would probably keep Fruit Loops in my h̶o̶u̶s̶e̶ apartment at all times.
But what is life without cereal????
It's mediocre at best, and that's not something I'm ok with. I still have cereal except it's REAL. Nutritious and bursting with flavor - your fruit muddled cereal milk will taste better than any other cereal milk you've ever had.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1-2 cups mixed berries (I used strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup mixed nuts (I used brazil and almond as that's what I had on hand)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Slice fruit and add to bowl
- Add nuts, sunflower and chia seeds, cinnamon and coconut milk
- Mango, banana and passion fruit with walnuts
- Sweet and dark cherries (make sure to pit!) with pistachios (sub shredded coconut for sunflower seeds) Tip: blend cacao into your coconut milk. YUM.
- Peaches and blueberries with cashews
NOTE: Be mindful of food combining.